Coronary Bypass Surgery
Things you need to know
On average, people are living longer.
Critical illness insurance helps protect you from financial hardship if you are diagnosed with a serious illness like coronary artery-bypass, cancer, Alzheimer’s/dementia, multiple sclerosis, and more.
It is a living benefit that provides a lump-sum you can spend on anything you want if you are diagnosed with a specified covered illness or have a pre-existing condition like a Coronary artery-bypass surgery. Having Critical Illness in your overall insurance planning, can help alleviate that burden so you can focus on recovery.
The help and support you need to cope during a challenging time
- Critical Illness insurance provides a tax-free, lump-sum benefit if you are diagnosed with a covered condition as defined in your contract and outlive the 30-day survival period.
- The money received can be used however you choose, without restriction. For example, to make payments on your mortgage, make alterations to your home, continue to contribute to retirement, pay for specialized medical treatment, out of country treatments and more.
Expert Medical Opinion
The plan pays a lump sum benefit in the event you meet the policy definition of any of the following covered critical illnesses:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Aortic surgery
- Aplastic anemia
- Bacterial meningitis
- Loss of independent existence†
- Loss of limbs
- Loss of speech
- Major organ transplant
- Benign brain tumor
- Cancer (life-threatening)
- Major organ failure on waiting list
- Motor neuron disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Occupational HIV infection
- Coronary artery-bypass surgery
- Heart attack
- Heart valve replacement
- Kidney failure
- Parkinson’s disease
- Severe burns
- Stroke (cerebrovascular accident)
For most conditions, your benefit can be paid after the 30-day survival period. Refer to the policy for specific definitions and exclusions.